AGG’s Salesforce Certification Guide for 2022: Administrators
5 min read | June 8th, 2022
Considering a career in Salesforce? You’re not the only one! As of 2022, 73,541 people work in Salesforce globally and by 2024, Salesforce projects to create 4.2 million more jobs. In 2018, Salesforce became the third most in-demand technology skill employers look for and that statistic is estimated to only increase. Salesforce offers a variety of career paths within their ecosystem, so whether you prefer to click or code, there’s a path for you with certification courses available to help level up your career. Today, we’re going to be taking a look at Administrator Certifications.
What is a Salesforce Administrator
First things first, what exactly is a Salesforce Administrator? What do they do? Administrators, known affectionately within the Salesforce community as #AwesomeAdmins, are responsible for working with stakeholders to define system requirements and customize the platform. In essence, Admins enable users to get the most out of Salesforce technology. Administrators act as your touchstone for all things Salesforce, helping to maintain the platform, assist users of any technical level with Salesforce and are updated on the platform’s new tools and capabilities. Sound like this may be a good fit for you? Read on to learn how you can become an #AwesomeAdmin.
Oftentimes, the hardest part is taking that first step. It’s important to note that to begin your journey in Salesforce Administration certification – you do not need a technical background or knowledge of Salesforce technology to begin. One of the greatest aspects of Salesforce is the accessibility of obtaining skills. That means if you have a computer and an internet connection, you can begin your journey to learn Salesforce administration. Before diving in, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Prerequisite Knowledge: None
- Time Commitment: 6-12 months
- Exam Content: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions and 5 non-scored questions
- Time Allotment: 105 minutes
- Passing Score: 65%
- Registration Fee: $200 USD
- Fees for Repeating Exam: $100 USD
The Admin certification exam will focus on topics such as managing users, data, and security, maintaining and customizing Sales Cloud and Service Cloud apps, as well as building reports, dashboards, and workflows. In addition to joining community groups for support, here are additional resources to help assist you in your certification journey.
Obtain and refine necessary Salesforce admin skills with this mix of classes recommended by Salesforce professionals:
Expert Led Classes
- Trailhead Virtual Bootcamp for New Admins (TVB201)
- Essentials for New Lightning Experience Administrators (ADX201)
- Administrative Essentials for New Admins in Lightning Experience + Certification (ADX201C)
- Essentials for New Lightning Experience Administrators – Extended (ADX201E)
- Administer, Extend, and Automate Salesforce (ADX211)
- Administer, Extend, and Automate Salesforce – Extended (ADX211E)
Practice & Study
The exam will focus on the following areas of knowledge:
- Configuration and Setup: 20%
- Object Manager and Lightning App Builder: 20%
- Sales and Marketing Applications: 12%
- Service and Support Applications: 11%
- Productivity and Collaboration: 7%
- Data and Analytics Management: 14%
- Workflow/Process Automation: 16%
Salesforce recommends utilizing the following self-study materials:
- Trailmix: Prepare for Your Salesforce Administrator Credential
- Trail: Study for the Administrator Certification Exam
- Practice Test: Administrator Practice Test
- Superbadge: Lightning Experience Reports & Dashboards Specialist
- Superbadge: Business Administration Specialist
- Superbadge: Security Specialist
For further preparation, be sure to check out the following expert-led course:
Taking the Exam
When exam day arrives, try not to stress – easier said than done, of course. But, it helps to go over any final concepts that you’re struggling with right before testing to ensure that they’re fresh in your mind. Additionally, it can be helpful to have a pen and paper handy to draw out any diagrams or role hierarchies to assist you in visualizing solutions. Be sure to look at the questions themselves for context clues and utilize the process of elimination for multiple choice questions if you get stuck. Finally, take a deep breath and remember that even if you don’t pass the first time, there are no such things as failures – only lessons and opportunities to try again.
We hope that you’ve found this guide to be helpful – for access to more resources and guides from AGG, click here.
Already a Salesforce admin? Access Global Group is hiring!
Get the latest Salesforce news
Subscribe to get the latest Salesforce blogs, guides, industry reports, events, and all things Salesforce related!
FREE Salesforce Assessment!
To demonstrate confidence in our ability as Salesforce Partners, we’re offering you the a FREE Salesforce Organizational Assessment.