Why we’re all in the Digital
Transformation Business now
A digital transformation refers to the adoption of digital processes and tools to achieve strategic business goals. It’s a complex process that represents a massive cultural shift in the workplace. It’s a change that requires organizations to continually challenge the status quo, experiment, and get comfortable with failure.
Digital transformation is about changing how teams work together, not just what tech they’re using to get that work done.
While digital transformation looks different in every company, digital businesses share some fundamental characteristics:
- Collaborative: Every member of the organization is meaningfully involved in achieving a shared vision.
- Cultural: Requires shifting away from traditional business structures and hierarchies and empowering employees to make decisions and contribute ideas.
- Cloud-based: Cloud-based services allow businesses to choose the ones that meet their needs and streamline their IT and infrastructure costs.
- Mobile: Customers expect ease and convenience from businesses, which means they need to be on mobile, where more than half of all web traffic is generated.
- Innovative: Digital businesses are always experimenting and then learning from the outcomes to inform larger changes across the company.
- Continuous: This isn’t a project with a start and end date. Technology will continue to evolve and call for adaptations to current processes, which means you need to keep learning and evolving.
- Data-driven: This includes not only collecting and analyzing data about your customers but measuring what’s happening inside your company too.
- Customer-centric: Ultimately, these shifts are all focused on providing better service and a better experience for your customers.
You want to deliver great value and experiences to your customers, while also setting your teams up with streamlined operations, opportunities to innovate, and the ability to adapt to changes down the road.Organizations are at different places in the digital transformation journey. But speed has become a business imperative for all. IT leaders face pressure to show that digital initiatives continue to translate to increased agility and speed for the entire organization.
If businesses want to evolve with the rapid pace of digital change today, they must work to increase efficiency with technology wherever possible. For many, that means adopting agile principles across the business. Automation technologies also help many IT organizations gain speed and reduce technical debt.